A new brand campaign served up by Radio Hauraki has launched, celebrating the return of the radio network’s annual ‘Rocktober’ – a month dedicated to celebrating the most iconic rock artists of all time.
The campaign includes two videos set in Radio Hauraki’s ‘Rocktober Cafe’, featuring the hosts of the radio station dressed as iconic rockstars, including Jeremy Wells as Billy Idol, Jason Hoyte as Keith Richards, Tracey Donaldson as Courtney Love, Matt Heath as Kurt Cobain, Mike Minogue as David Bowie, Chris Key as Prince and Angelina Grey as Axl Rose. Set inside the Rocktober Cafe, the pun filled videos see the Radio Hauraki announcers deciding which food and ‘rocktails’ to order from the menu.
Radio Hauraki Brand Manager, Claire Chellew, says the creative concept was the brains of the Radio Hauraki team and was then made possible thanks to New Zealand Media and Entertainment’s (NZME) Creative and Vision team.
“Radio Hauraki has a long and proud legacy of celebrating the very best in rock, and this year we wanted to capture the fun and irreverence of Radio Hauraki, and have our hosts dress up as their favourite rock stars. That’s where the idea started, and then we joined forces with our uber talented in-house Creative and Vision team who made our ideas a reality.
“We wanted to really focus on bringing the ‘Rocktober Cafe’ to life for our listeners, so we were stoked when Super Liquor wanted to join in on the action - partnering with Radio Hauraki to bring Rocktober to their stores and give away a once in a lifetime prize - a trip to see any band, anywhere in the world.
“It’s an epic prize - everyone has a bucket list gig so here’s the chance to actually do it. Earlier this year, we sent a winning listener to his dream gig, Pearl Jam at Madison Square Garden. It went down so well, that it was a no brainer to do it again!” says Chellew.
Super Liquor Digital Marketing Executive, Siobhan Trim says: “We’re big fans of rock, so we’re stoked to be partnering with Radio Hauraki. The Rocktober Café theme for this year's campaign is the perfect fit for us. All month, in our 175 stores across the country we’re able to bring the Rocktober Rocktails to life including the Freddie Daiquiri, Gins of Leon, Fleetwood Jack and Brew Fighter through instore activations and point of sale displays.”
Radio Hauraki’s Rocktober kicked off on Saturday (1 October) and is featuring a new iconic rock artist each day across the month. Listeners can enter the competition at hauraki.co.nz or by texting BAND to 3483 to get the link.
The new Rocktober Cafe video campaign can be viewed here.
NZME Credit list
- Executive Producer – Christian Goeffic
- Producer/Production Manager - John Philips
- Producer/Director - Joshua Hubbard
- Production Assistant - Sasha Sadlier
- Writer - Tom Harper
- Cinematographer - Gavin Stroud
- Gaffer - Sash Samaratunga
- Lighting Assistant - Taylor Moffat
- Sound Recordist - Shaun Logan
- Make-Up Artist - Tracy Nelson and Sharlene Cassidy
- Costume & Promotions Director – Kate Britten
- Chief Editor - Allan George
- VFX Editor - Jordan Randall-Whiu
- Sound Engineer - Evan Paea
- Talent – Matt Heath, Jeremy Wells, Angelina Grey, Jason Hoyte, Mike Minogue, Chris Key, Tracey Donaldson
- Brand Manager – Claire Chellew
- Graphic Designers – Joseph Senior, Sarah Swanton and Nic Adams
- Radio Hauraki Content Director – Todd Campbell
- Social Content – Kate Davey