Ad runs on the homepage of the NZ Herald website and across all devices including NZH app.
Ad appears alongside editorial content and is marked "advertisement".
Title: maximum 38 characters (including spaces) will be displayed before being truncated
Copy: maximum 66 characters (including spaces) will be displayed before being truncated
Advertiser Name: maximum 30 characters (including spaces)
Image Dimensions (W x H): 400x209 pixels (1.91:1 aspect ratio)
Formats: .gif, .jpg, .png (static only)
Each image under 100kb.
Multiples images may be supplied for creative rotation but they must be done so in all 4 sizes.
Title should not use block lettering e.g. LIMITED TIME ONLY. Write a title that is catchy and grabs your audience’s attention, something that directly relates to the product or service you offer to users. The best performing ads include a strong deal or offer. e.g. Win $5000.
For the description, write one or two sentences that focus on the most important information you want to display. The copy should relate to what the user is searching for, with a strong call to action. The ad description can contain up to 150 characters but ensure it reads naturally. Use simple language, with text that is complete and makes sense. Avoid extraneous punctuation and note that the copy may be cropped or not appear on some ad formats.
The requested image can not be an ‘ad’ with text or logos. This should be an image only. All ‘ad text’ should fit in the headline and story intro content. Use compelling images eg. a beautiful resort for a travel deal or a single face that’s relevant to your product or service generally performs well.
• Creative is due 5 working days before campaign start.
• An active click-through URL must be provided.
• Third party: tracking links only
• Please send creative files and click URL to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes & Best Practices
• Creative may be rejected if it’s considered offensive, misleading, overwhelming, or distracting.
• Advertising content must have clearly defined borders and must not be easily confused for normal webpage content.